Physiotherapy @ Sportswise
All our physiotherapists are chartered and members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. This means they have recognised qualifications, professional liability insurance and are governed by a professional code of conduct.
What makes us different?
We work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and have specialist knowledge about sporting injuries, musculoskeletal and occupational health problems.
Physiotherapy is concerned with human function and movement and about maximising potential. To accomplish this we spend time listening to you and then trying to sort out your problem.
We use a variety of treatments to achieve this including:
• Western Acupuncture
• Mobilisation / Manipulation
• Massage and other soft tissue techniques
• Therapeutic ultrasound
• Hot or cold therapy
• Exercise prescription
• Rehabilitation help / prescription
• Advice and supply of braces or supports
We also give you the exercises and knowledge to try and stop the problem returning. The treatments used are selected depending on the individual and the symptoms therefore tailor making the treatment plan to each patient.
• By working as a close knit team we can consult with the doctors, podiatrist, pilates instructors and nutritionist when needed.
What is involved in the first consultation?
• You will have a 45 minute consultation to allow the therapist to take a detailed history and perform a physical examination to assess the problem. From this a provisional diagnosis and treatment plan can be explained to you. Some treatment will usually be carried out during the first assessment.
• If the therapist thinks you need further investigation of the problem, e.g. ultrasound scan or x-ray, they may refer you to one of the sports medicine doctors to arrange this.
What should I wear to the consultation?
• The therapist will need to examine the area of the body concerned but also may require to examine other areas e.g. pain in the leg can be referred from the back. We can provide shorts but wear whatever you will feel most comfortable in.